Monday, December 15, 2008

LED Cost vs incandescent

LED bulbs save money, hassle from a local paper in Kentucky. Basically a $40 LED bulb will last forever and save energy and has color like daylight.

But how many people are going $40 on a bulb, when they can get a CFL for under $5 and an incandescent bulb for under a dollar.

I look forward to more cost reductions so the LED option makes more sense. For an application where you need to get on a ladder, such as my parents house outside light on the 2nd story, it makes sense (that light always burned out). For an easily accessible light, probably not at this time.

1 comment:

Stanley said...

Hey, I’m reporting that Eaglelight.com did a fine job getting me outfitted with LED bulbs to replace the energy wasters I had before. I’ll be a repeat customer.