Saturday, September 6, 2008

LED's and Prius in Denver at Cedia

When I was out getting lunch at the 16th street Mall, I saw a Prius taxi. This was after getting honked at by a regular taxi.

And in the show there was a booth selling LED's and I had a nice talk with the person. They new the practical side, but not the bigger picture. It's interested they are doing RGB LED's both in the doping as well as in the packaging, so you can get as many colors as you want. And with the power supply, you can put it 100 ft away using 10 AWG wire at 10Volts.

At a place selling power protection, the guy had no idea what he was selling. I spent 10 years in the UPS industry. I stopped by APC and they had a smart power strip, that when the main power plug was not drawing power it shut down the other plugs to save power. Neat idea so that printer is not on when the computer is off.

No comments: