Sunday, October 12, 2008

Energy Stocks After Correction

Sustainable Energy After the Correction - interesting article, the LED's are since it does not depend on subsidies is interesting, now to find out what is considered LED stocks. My worry on LED's is the big players like GE and Phillips will come in dominate the market, both companies already have semiconductor operations and Lights are such a commodity. The only area I would guess has potential (this is without researching) would be in the area of patents.

Three articles I need to read:

2 comments:

Tom Konrad said...

Thanks for the links, but read my most recent article first
http://www.altenergystocks.com/archives/2008/10/wise_energy_use_stocks_part_2_efficient_lighting.html

Ray - SoCal said...

Thanks for the link. I read the articles and Philips is an interesting company that has gone through a wrenching turn around, but it's still exposed to the consumer electronics space and it's attempts at differentiation have not worked out from what I can see. Lighting is a positive area for the company and I agree, they will grow through acquisitions. LED's produced in China is a hard to qualify factor on the market, in the CFL area this has hurt pricing with the cheap CFL's (magnetic resonance) and unfortunately nobody has come up with a great way to differentiate the quality.